* Since we are located high in the Blue Ridge Mountains, cell phone service is NOT available in our area. Therefore navigation systems on cell phones will not be accessible.
* If you are towing anything larger than a pop-up camper we recommend coming to Montebello via the Parkway. We are only 3.5 miles off the Parkway.
* Route 56 West & East is a curvy road and it can be a little difficult climbing the mountain pulling a travel trailer or driving an RV.
* Please do not rely on your GPS/OnStar or any automobile directional assistance once you are on the Blue Ridge Parkway or Route 56. These devices DO NOT provide accurate directions within 10 miles of our location.
* Once you are on Route 56, stay on Route 56, there are no turn off's on Route 56 to get to Montebello.
* If you are using online directions, please use Google Maps; Yahoo Map directions are inaccurate. Also, when you type in our location for directions, please use our name, Montebello Camping & Fishing Resort, Montebello, VA and not our physical address because that is not accurate either.
* We apologize for all of the confusion but since we are located on top of a mountain and fairly remote, these computer generated maps and automobile directional assistance haven't gotten our exact location correct just yet. Below are also basic directions from major areas in Virginia.
Click to view Google Map/Directions to Montebello Camping & Fishing Resort
From Lynchburg, VA & south: Take 29 North and turn left onto Route 151 North. Go approx. 10.5 miles. Turn left onto Route 56 West and proceed 15 miles, Montebello Country Store will be on the right.
From Interstate 81: Take interstate 81 to Raphine, Exit 205. Take Route 606 East to Hwy. 11. Turn left on Hwy. 11 and go about 1 block and turn right on Route 56 East. Follow Route 56 East until it crosses under the Blue Ridge Parkway. You will see the sign for Montebello. Stay on 56 East for approx. 3 more miles. Montebello Country Store will be on the left.
From Richmond & Williamsburg, VA: Take Interstate 64 West going to Charlottesville, VA. Turn on Highway 29 South and proceed approx. 40 miles. Turn right onto State Route 56 West at Colleen, VA (several miles past Lovingston). Go approx. 5 miles & turn right onto Route 151 North for about 3 miles. Turn left onto Route 56 West and go up the mountain 15 miles. Montebello Country Store will be on the right.
From Washington D.C. area: Take interstate 66 West past Centerville to Highway 29 South. Go approx. 130 miles to Colleen, VA (several miles past Lovingston). Turn right onto Route 56 West. Go about 5 miles & turn right onto Route 151 North for about 3 miles. Turn left onto Route 56 West and go up the mountain 15 miles. Montebello Country Store will be on the right.
This map was provided by the Department of Tourism, Nelson County, Virginia
To get a map of Virginia sent to you, please click here.
Webpage Hosting By Xactec